How to Maximize the New Facebook Page Design for Your Hotel
Your Facebook page is getting a facelift! On March 30, it will mirror the Timeline design that rolled out to personal profiles over the last few months.
To get ready, your hotel should identify some additional pieces of content.
1. A picture to use for the cover photo. This picture should communicate your brand and the culture of your property. Some ideas are:
- A gorgeous shot of your destination.
- A photograph of your team.
- A shot of some key aspect of your operation – a beautiful sculpture, a water feature, etc.
2. Pictures for various points in the Timeline. For now, start with an image to represent the day you opened, and flesh it out further as you go along.
3. Key dates in your business history. Since the new page layout is a Timeline, you have the opportunity to add key dates in your history – firsts, awards, etc. You can also get creative with what we add, so be thinking about ways to cleverly take advantage of the new layout.
I’ll continue to talk about and learn how to maximize this new format here on the blog and on our Hive Marketing Facebook Page. Join us there, and be sure to share your ideas in the comments.